Today I am going to answer the most popular question among people who opt to file returns with Federal Board of Revenue.
Yes, I am talking about “The NTN registration in Pakistan”.
Here it begins:
STEP 1: ENSURE AVAILABILITY OF DOCUMENTS
Get the following documents and information.
- INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR ENROLLMENT
- Cell no (Registered on the name of applicant)
- An e-mail address (operated by applicant)
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR NTN REGISTRATION
- Copy of the paid Electricity Bill (Not older than 3 months)
- Ownership papers/Rent agreement
- Salary Certificate/Salary slip (Only for salaried person)
STEP 2: ENROLLMENT
This is the process to create a userID and password for availing various electronic services offered by FBR.
Here is how you can enroll yourself.
- Visit the FBR’s website https://iris.fbr.gov.pk/infosys/public/txplogin.xhtml, on the main page you will see this screen:
2. Click on the link “Registration for Unregistered Person”.A box will open on the main screen, shown in the picture below:
Fill all the necessary information in the given fields and click on the submit button.
3. Two different 6 digits codes will be sent on your given cell number and email.
4. Enter the codes in the related fields and submit again. Now your account will be created to sign in with your account, a password and a pin code will be sent you by SMS and email.
STEP 3: APPLICATION FOR NTN (NATIONAL TAX NUMBER) REGISTRATION
Once you successfully created the account, go to the main page of IRIS and enter your CNIC in registration field and the password you received in the password field. Now click on the login button to login. You will see a screen shown below:
On the left side of the screen click on the “Draft” you will see an application “181 (form of registration filed voluntarily)”.
Click on the application and the and buttons will be activated; click on “EDIT” Button and a window will appear showing your personal information in the personal tab.
Carefully check the information, if its written correct then proceed to the next step otherwise consult with your lawyer or FBR’s NTN cell if you see incorrect information.
Click on the property tab, you will see this screen:
Now click on the “” button on the right side of the screen, a box will open:
Fill all the required information and click OK to save the information in the property tab. you will see a screen like this:Check mark the box “” at the right side of the address bar to make it residence address.
****THINGS TO BE NOTED****
- If you have more than one address, repeat the same process to add.
- Residence/Head office is necessary to mark otherwise your application will not be submitted.
- Write “100%” in shared field if you are owner of the property, in case of rent, write “1%” in share field.
- If the premises on the rent please choose “Benami/lessee/tenant/franchise/occupant” in capacity field two new fields will be appeared on the box, shown below:
- Write your landlord’s CNIC in related field and click on the search button to search, system will get information and show you the name of landlord.
BUSINESS TABIf you own a business, enter your business by clicking the “” button on the right side, a box will open.
Write your business name select the capacity as owner and acquisition date as current date. Now click the “” button on the below panel, a business activity box will open
Now click on the “” button to search and add your desired business activity.Now click ok to save the information. your business will be added in the Business Tab ,Now click on the “” button on the right side of the Business bar to give a address link to your business, a box will open showing you one or more addresses, Check mark to choose the desired address you want to give your business.After linking the business address click on the business name to verify if the address is added,Shown below:
***THINGS TO BE NOTED***
- One activity must be marked as principle activity
- You can choose more than one activity that applies on your business nature but you can only choose one activity as principle.
- If you have planned to get registered in sales tax in the nearest future then tick marks the (ST) sales tax in all activities.
- You can add 10 businesses on a NTN
- You can add more than one address to a business
LINK TABIf you are an employee of a company/organization or have links with other persons then you must give a link to your employer or persons. To add your employer(s) please click on the “” button on the right side of the Tab, a “Link Persons” box will open.
Select the capacity that better describe your link with the person or company .Now click on the “” to search the person or company by entering NTN No or Name. System will show you the matched results.
Select the exact person/company. Now write the shares percentage , choose the start date and click ok button to save the information.
***THINGS TO BE NOTED***
- You cannot add one person or company more than once
ATTACHMENT TABTo attach the documents with your application please click on the “” button a box will open.Now click on the “” button to search the document description and select.Now click on the “Choose File” to choose the relevant scanned document file from your computer and click ok to save.
Step 4: SUBMISSION OF FORM
Check all the information again and submit the form.
BEST OF LUCK !
If you have any further queries,Please comment.